CT Academy 2017 LEVEL 2
Venue: Semmelweis University
Date: 15th-18th of August 2017
The use of Multi-Detector CT (MDCT) for the diagnosis of various cardiac diseases has become increasingly important in recent years. This is mainly due to the introduction of high performance cardiac CT scanners to routine clinical use. Cardiac CT is a robust tool for the assessment of the cardiac and vascular anatomy and detection of coronary artery stenosis. Coronary a
therosclerotic plaque characterisation and percutaneous coronary intervention planning will have an important role in cardiovascular medicine in the near future.
Experienced Cardiology and Radiology clinicians from Semmelweis University have organized a 4-day comprehensive cardiac CT training course to teach “state-of-the-art” cardiovascular MDCT targeting both Cardiology and Radiology colleagues who already have experience in cardiac CT imaging.
Registration fee: 1800 EUR
The Budapest Cardiac CT Academy is endorsed by the Society of
Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
- Offer background information about the scanner physics, contrast dynamics, acquisition methods, administration of medication to enhance image quality
- Gain experience with 256-slice iCT scanner to acquire high quality coronary CT angiographies
- Get familiar with image post processing and interpretation to
- detect coronary stenosis and plaque
- identify artifacts and pitfalls
- correlate CTA to catheterization
- plan percutaneous coronary interventions
Day 1. Tuesday
|10.00||Welcome: Opening remarks|
|10.15||Workstation “reminder session”|
Day 2. Wednesday
|13.15||Cardiac CT of structural heart disease, cardiomyopathies, valves, prosthetic valves, endocarditis|
Group A: scan with the experts
Group B: scan with the experts II
Day 3. Thursday
|10.45||Perfusion CT, FFRCT and delayed enhancement|
Day 4. Friday
TAVI planning and follow-up: State-of-the-art
Basic principles of congenital heart disease imaging
Heart and Vascular Center
1122 Budapest, Gaál József street 9.
If you have any further question about the training, please contact our colleagues.
Telephone: +36 20 663 2485